Speaking to Influence Workshop
Expand Your Speaking Skill Set to Engage and Influence
At each stage of our career we develop as a business speaker and presenter. Early on we obtain the skills to be more confident and comfortable in front of a group. From there we progress to learn best practices to develop and deliver a message. Now, as a key leader or manager in your organization, you are in a position to move to the next level of speaking excellence. This session focuses on the skills that ensure you can truly connect and engage with the people in the room which is essential if you are going to influence them.
We will look at what it takes to be a presenter who can adapt delivery and content to best fit the needs of the audience and situation. And in doing so – maximize the connection and engagement that gets a message heard and acted on. You will learn the four communication styles of a leader and have an opportunity to practice some of the skills that make each style effective. Your practice talks will be video recorded, and you will receive feedback. The video is yours to keep.
What You Will Learn:
- To develop new skill sets as a speaker so that you can handle a wider range of communication scenarios more effectively
- How to evaluate communication situations and determine which speaking elements will help you to better influence the audience
- How to identify your preferred speaking style and how to leverage it
- How to adapt your presentation skills to new styles and still come across authentically
- Best practices for telling stories
- Best practices for coming across more commanding
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International