Speak Off The Top Workshop
Taking Control During Q & A
This is a two-part program that addresses the challenges of informal communications. In the first part we look at the six most common problems people have coming across well-spoken and confident in informal speaking situations. There are practice exercises to reinforce the techniques. After the update you will practice taking questions and using the techniques discussed previously. Included is a discussion on how to prepare for Q & A and managing group dynamics. Come prepared to present a project update at a mock meeting.
What You Will Learn:
• The one skill that will ensure you come across calm and confident
• What to do when your mind goes blank or you don’t know where to start
• Tips you can use to collect your thoughts before you speak
• How to come across more confident and responsive
• How to handle situations when you don’t have a good answer
• What to do when you feel on the defense
• Why filler words make you seem uncertain and how to stop using them
• How to respond so that your answer comes across clear and confident
• Best ways to prepare for Q & A
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International