Storytelling for Business Executives
The more important your role in an organization the more critical communication becomes to your success. But what are the techniques that successful managers and leaders use to capture their audience’s attention and move people to action? The key is storytelling – but more importantly, storytelling for business executives. When communicating to business executives one must constantly keep in mind the importance of making the point in a clear and succinct manner. In this session you’ll learn how to incorporate short story vignettes and anecdotes along with other business storytelling formats. Using examples from CEOs and other leaders we’ll share sources for eight different types of stories. We’ll provide a brainstorming tool that will help you identify and select stories that reinforce your point. We’ll also discuss the four main situations in which stories are most effective. As a final tool we’ll provide you with a handout of more than 20 different stories used by business leaders and executives.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- How business storytelling differs from traditional storytelling
- How to make your point in a story while being succinct and clear
- Ten different sources for stories
- Eight situations that will benefit from stories
- How to brainstorm for possible stories that fit the situation
- The 2 Ds of storytelling and how to use them
Expanded Half Day Version includes:
- More examples for how to tell and come up with business stories
- An opportunity to work either individually, or in teams, on developing business stories for your department or business
- A process for incorporating storytelling in your organization
Session Length: Half Day Workshop
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International