Speaking with Confidence Workshop
This program addresses the cognitive and physical ways people experience speaking anxiety. We will uncover its many causes and provide the tools and strategies to manage the physical responses that hinder confidence. Since the fear of forgetting, or not being sure of our presentation content can lead to anxiety, this program will also offer two pragmatic strategies for learning material faster and better. Participants will have the opportunity to practice using the skills and techniques by presenting several short talks, while receiving support and feedback.
What You Will Learn:
- The three stages of anxiety and how to manage the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that sabotage confidence.
- 15 ways to combat presentation anxiety and come across calm and natural.
- Techniques to relax “in the moment” and manage the physical nervous responses caused by anxiety.
- How to use open posture to create a confident visual impression.
- How to use the Visual Mapping technique to learn content.
- How to use a technique to learn PowerPoint presentations and eliminate the need be dependent on notes.
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International