Speaking of Business Events
Knock Your Message Out of the Park
In a world where four days-worth of YouTube videos get uploaded every minute it becomes increasingly more challenging for leaders to engage an audience and deliver a message that is truly memorable. But there are success stories everywhere of leaders stepping out of the safe zone and knocking their messages out of the park. From Steve Jobs, to the best of TED, to a collection of top-notch leadership talks – what can be learned? Whether your next talk is to your team, partners, customers or even the Board, how can you communicate your ideas in a way that everyone will rave afterwards?
This session will provide numerous examples of speeches and presentations that have had a lasting and powerful impact on the audience because they were based on key messages that use story in a way that really sticks.
What You Will Learn:
- How to find new and more creative ideas for communicating your message.
- How and why story is such a powerful tool to support your key message.
- Sources of stories and how to develop them.
- Why blending your story with an analogy is the most efficient way to communicate complex concepts.
- How to use a metaphor list to quickly come up with sticky ideas.