Present With Insight Workshop
Make Technical/Financial Content More Engaging
If you are the subject matter expert and have to present to others on your topic, how do you avoid boring them with slide after slide of details? How do you make it understandable for a wide range of interests? Plus can you make all this information actually interesting and engaging?
This program is designed to provide you with the process for going beyond sharing information to sharing insight that is useful and relevant for the listening audience. The two most important tools at our disposal to achieve this how we visually show our information and how we verbally speak to our information.
You will learn how to use four key tools to create slides that are properly laid out to address how the audience understands complex information. Included in this process are the frameworks that we all use when we visually need to understand any situation. Best practices in presenting tables, charts and graphs are reviewed. The goal is to create visual slides that are less overwhelming and increase comprehension.
The second half of this session focuses on verbal insight based on how one speaks to their content. The core of this concept are insight statements and stories that shift us from reporting on information to providing content in a consultative, engaging manner.
Come ready to update a portion of an existing presentation, present it to the group and get feedback on your engagement.
What You Will Learn:
- Why it is important to shift to verbal and visual insight in how we communicate
- Six different frameworks of understanding that aid visual insight
- How to make a PowerPoint slide more meaningful
- The difference between topic headings and message headings
- Why more is less when you present and how to identify the excess
- How to add insight statements that will focus your content and signal to the audience that there is something meaningful coming.
- Why telling the story behind your information is so powerful
- 11 best practices for presenting tables, charts and graphs
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International