Numbers Don’t Speak For Themselves
Make your next update informative and interesting
Whether you have research to share, statistics to communicate or financials to explain, you have data and numbers that can be deadly to your audience and the message you are trying to get across. In this session we’ll show you how to combat the number problem using four major tactics that will turn your data and numbers from abstract words to valid and interesting concepts. This session focuses on four major case studies and how one transforms data and numbers into something meaningful to the audience.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- How to filter what you are going to say so it is relevant
- How to select the right chart based on the message you are trying to communicate
- Charts and Tables Dos and Don’ts
- How to use comparison
- Why adding the human factor makes numbers come alive
- The importance of metaphor and analogy
- Why you need to make the conclusion obvious
- How to use PowerPoint animation to make numbers easier to absorb
- How to use visuals to make numbers and concepts come alive
- The importance of one idea per slide
- How to answer the question, “What does it mean?”
Session Length: One Hour
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional
Dairy Queen International