More Effective Financial Presentations
In a recent survey of corporate Vice Presidents, 44% said that most business presentations are "boring" or "unbearable." Technical, financial and scientific presentations are the most problematic. This workshop addresses the unique challenges financial professionals face communicating numbers and data. Specifically addressed is how to make your information easier for others to understand, more memorable and finally more interesting. Participants will be given a hands-on model they can use each time they put a presentation together. The morning starts off with our popular “Speaking Skills Boot Camp.” This section covers executive presence and the six delivery skills required to come across polished and confident. In the afternoon of the first day we show you how to better organize a presentation you have selected for this program. Most importantly we address how to give meaning to numbers. We will dissect various financial slides and identify how to make them more relevant and clear to the audience. There is also a section on how to create better PowerPoint slides. Everyone has homework that first evening to rework their presentation. The morning of the second day kicks off with the “improved” presentations. Everyone gets feedback from the group and trainers on these presentations. We are often told that this portion of the program provides the most significant learning experience. We spend the final afternoon discussing how to handle questions and answer sessions and how to think and speak on your feet. Participants are recorded on video and can access their presentations on-line.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- The six most important speaking skills you need to be a polished presenter
- The step-by-step process for making any presentation relevant and interesting
- Five questions you need to ask yourself about your audience before creating your presentation
- How to create a storyline and storyboard before launching into your PowerPoint slides
- 23 different presentation templates for the body of your content
- Why defining your key message and purpose is important from the start
- Tactics for explaining concepts to both lay and non-lay audiences
- How to properly present using PowerPoint so that you stay engaged with your audience
- How best to show and discuss numbers and data
- How to answer complicated questions
- How to handle challenging questions
- Six ways to think and speak on your feet more effectively
Two Day Workshop
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,Dairy Queen International