How to Influence at Any Level of Your Organization
In today’s organizations we spend a great deal of time assigned to teams or working with people over whom we have no authority. More often we need to get things done by influencing others of our ideas and visions. So why do some people seem to have the ability to influence others regardless of their level in the organization or whether they have authority? The answer lies in their Impact Communications Quotient (ICQ). People who are able to influence others have a high ICQ which is determined by four factors: their visual impact, verbal impact, clarity impact and connection impact. In this session we will discuss these four factors with examples of how they apply to business communications. We will also provide a score sheet so that you can assess your own ICQ. The program includes tips and tools to shift your impact to yield greater influence.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- The attributes which project executive presence and confidence
- The four P’s to leverage your voice and why it’s so important
- How to identify fillers words and remove them from your communications
- Why phrases of courtesy and kindness are so important
- The importance of business stories and how to add them to your talks and conversations
- What one thing you need to know about the other person before you can be influential
- The power of visuals and symbols in getting others engaged and committed
- Why you need to communicate to reach both the mind and heart of your listener(s)
- How to assess your ICQ and make a plan to close the gaps
- Other resources that you can use to continue developing your ICQ
- One trick to help keep your communication on focus
- How others have used the four factors of ICQ to influence and how you can too
Session Length: One Hour
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International