Captivate Your Audience
Make your training more engaging and memorable
The challenge that all trainers face is, “How do I cover all the information I need to cover and still have time to make the program engaging and memorable?” In this half-day session you’ll learn about the three levers in training and how to use them so your audience remembers and applies the concepts. One of the levers is the content you will be covering. We’ll show you how to go beyond sharing lots of information to making it insightful and meaningful by presenting in layers. Another lever is how you as the trainer weave in the CAPtive training model which focuses on getting participants more engaged with content that they will remember and ultimately apply. We’ll share ideas for how you can incorporate activities, key learning reviews, discussions, and storytelling.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- How to present complex concepts in a layered approach
- 28 activities you can use to reinforce your training concepts
- 22 examples that will help participants relate to key learnings
- 8 ways to keep participants actively engaged
- How to incorporate more visuals for greater understanding
- How to add fun and the “unusual” to make your training exciting and memorable
- How to make your training instructor-led but participant-centered
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International