Better Business Updates
Today in corporate America every conference room is filled with teams sharing information. In many cases, meeting participants have been asked to provide updates on their projects, initiatives and business units. These business updates have become critical communication tools for getting ideas and information spread within an organization. Unfortunately, many of these updates fail to share information in a well organized, concise and insightful manner. The struggle often lies in being too close to the information and in not having an easy-to-use tool for organizing the content. This program is designed to provide business communicators with the process for going beyond sharing information to sharing insight that is useful and relevant for the listening audience.
This workshop has the option of including our popular speaking skills boot camp.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- How to use the I² Update model
- How to gather the correct content for your presentation
- Over 15 different presentation templates for sharing information
- How to storyboard your presentation before you fill in the details
- Five ways to share information so it is more easily understood
- Tactics for addressing lay and non-lay audiences using the CIS formula
- Why the “Curse of Knowledge” gets in your way
- How to introduce complex topics
- The importance of understanding: Say it, Show it, Stage it.
- Ten PowerPoint Dos and Don’ts
- The PEP formula for explaining new information
- The importance of storytelling and how to use it share insight
- How best way to show and discuss numbers and data
- How to deliver your presentation so that you come across confident and polished (two day version only)
2 day program
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen Internationall