Developing Presentation Content that Makes an Impact
Are you frustrated with the time you are putting into developing your presentations and yet do you still feel they are too long and ineffective? Are you concerned that people may be leaving your presentations wondering about your point and unsure as to the key take-aways? Or do you feel your presentation lacks engagement and fails to keep your audience interested? If any of these scenarios are familiar to you, then you will benefit from this program that walks you through the process of creating a presentation (step-by-step) and how to turn it into an IMPACT Presentation. We start out explaining our model and showing you examples of what others have accomplished. Then you will have an opportunity to go through the model and apply it to your own presentation. At the end of the day you will not only have a tool you can use every time you want to develop content, but you will have the key components of a new presentation started. This program includes an optional half day session when you can return and share your new presentation and get feedback from others.
When you leave this session you will have learned:
- The template that you can use for all presentations regardless of your objective
- 14 Attention – Getting Openers
- The one audience analysis tool that will help you speak to your audience’s interests
- How to brainstorm and outline your presentation using mind mapping
- The process for creating a key message that your audience will remember
- 23 different formats for the body of your presentation based on the purpose you have outlined.
- The four Es of energy and how to apply them based on your purpose: Emotional Connection, Engagement, Entertainment and Examples
- How to use the “So What?” tool to prioritize information
- How to make your conclusions stand out
- The five Rs for making your PowerPoint slides engaging
- Eleven compelling closes
- How to be more creative when developing content and how to come up with key messages and themes that really stick
Session Length: Full Day Workshop
Optional: Half Day Group Presentations – come back two weeks later and give your presentation to the group and get immediate feedback.
I was impressed with the significant improvement I saw in just one day with our group. All their comments about the program were very favorable. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Jackie McMartin, Group VP of Human Resources,
Wagner Spray Tech
I am seeing tangible benefit from your training with my team. Several in our group have considerably improved their presentation style. My satisfaction level is very high.
Bob Paine, VP Regional Field Marketing,
Dairy Queen International