Half Day Speaking to Influence Workshop
Expand Your Speaking Skill Set to Engage and Influence
At each stage of our career we develop as a business speaker and presenter. Early on we obtain the skills to be more confident and comfortable in front of a group. From there we progress to learn best practices to develop and deliver a message. Now, as a key leader or manager in your organization, you are in a position to move to the next level of speaking excellence. This session focuses on the skills that ensure you can truly connect and engage with the people in the room which is essential if you are going to influence them.
We will look at what it takes to be a presenter who can adapt delivery and content to best fit the needs of the audience and situation. And in doing so – maximize the connection and engagement that gets a message heard and acted on. You will learn the four communication styles of a leader and have an opportunity to practice some of the skills that make each style effective. Your practice talks will be video recorded, and you will receive feedback. The video is yours to keep.
What You Will Learn:
- To develop new skill sets as a speaker so that you can handle a wider range of communication scenarios more effectively
- How to evaluate communication situations and determine which speaking elements will help you to better influence the audience
- How to identify your preferred speaking style and how to leverage it
- How to adapt your presentation skills to new styles and still come across authentically.
Who Should Attend:
- Business professionals and executives who have already developed some effective speaking skills and are ready to take these skills to the next level.
- Those who are encountering a wider range of speaking situations from talking to teams, Board of Directors and senior leaders as well as presenting at industry events and major conferences.
- Those who know that their ability to influence those in the room is key to their success.
Prep Work Required:
You will be giving two short presentations during this workshop. You will be asked to come prepared to give one presentation that is 2-3 minutes in length. The other presentation will be assigned during the program with time to prepare. More information will be sent with your registration confirmation about the presentation.
Minimum 5 - Maximum 10 participants. If we don't reach the minimum we will refund your money or give the option of attending the workshop at a future date.
1:00pm - 5:00pm: Workshop
5775 Wayzata Boulevard
Saint Louis Park, MN 55416
Parking: Free surface lot parking