Speaking with Confidence Workshops
This program addresses the cognitive and physical ways people experience speaking anxiety. We will uncover its many causes and provide the tools and strategies to manage the physical responses that hinder confidence. Since the fear of forgetting, or not being sure of our presentation content can lead to anxiety, this program will also offer two pragmatic strategies for learning material faster and better. Participants will have the opportunity to practice using the skills and techniques by presenting several short talks, while receiving support and feedback.
This workshop is intended for people with low to moderate speaking anxiety. Let us know if you don’t feel ready to practice speaking in front of a group, and we will tell you about other options at Spoken Impact to help increase your confidence as a speaker, such as private sessions.
What You Will Learn:
- The three stages of anxiety and how to manage the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that sabotage confidence.
- 15 ways to combat presentation anxiety and come across calm and natural.
- Techniques to relax “in the moment” and manage the physical nervous responses caused by anxiety.
- How to use open posture to create a confident visual impression.
- How to use the Visual Mapping technique to learn content.
- How to use a technique to learn PowerPoint presentations and eliminate the need be dependent on notes.
Minimum 4 – Maximum 8 participants
If we don’t reach the minimum we will refund your money or give the option of attending the workshop at a future date.
8:00am – Noon: Workshop
West End Plaza
1660 Hwy 100
Saint Louis Park, MN 55416
Parking: Free surface lot parking
“Overall I found the session very valuable. I had the first business meetings I was preparing for last week and implemented a great deal of what I learned. My presentation was better than I could have imagined.”
Kellie Bauer, LFE Capital